The scheme will be well designed and landscaped to respect its surroundings while creating strong links to the wider area.
- The creation of up to 525 new homes, all designed to reflect regional characteristics and architecture of the local area.
- A mix of house types and sizes with an emphasis on family housing, including an element of affordable homes.
- Creation of a new access to the site from a proposed roundabout off Newport Pagnell Road
- Downgrading a stretch of ‘The Green’ off Newport Pagnell Road to become a pedestrian and cycle link.
- Landscaping and traffic calming to create attractive safe connections between existing and proposed developments and facilities.
- Over eight hectares of public open spaces, including children’s play areas, wooded areas and allotments.
- Creation of pedestrian and, where appropriate, cycle links through to Brackmills County Park providing onward access to Brackmills employment area.
- Woodland walks and a circular dog walking route.
- Parking throughout the development in line with the County Council’s parking standards.
- Improved public transport connections to Northampton town centre including extension of a bus service through the development connecting with the neighbouring Homes and Communities Agency (HCA) scheme.
- Financial contributions to local services and community facilities including education and healthcare.
- Retention of existing woodland and the majority of existing hedgerows, plus new planting and development of a green buffer zone between the site and surrounding countryside.